Trainee Administration and Finance Assistant - Sport and Recreation
South West Sport Centre
Do you love sport?
Want to combine your love of sport and recreation into a career?
The South West Sport Centre has a fantastic learning opportunity available for a Trainee Administration and Finance Assistant - Sport and Recreation.
This varied position will expose you to different departments and centre operations. If you are willing to learn and have a passion for providing great customer service we would love to hear from you.
This is a 12 month traineeship commencing in January/February 2019.
The successful candidate will gain invaluable industry experience and a nationally recognised qualification, Certificate III in Business.
The key skills and attributes we are looking for:
- Motivated, positive and friendly.
- Willing to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic and shows Initiative.
- Approachable and adaptable.
- Passionate about sport and recreation.
A National Police Clearance is required to be supplied at interview stage or upon commencement of employment with the City.
If you already hold a Certificate III or higher equivalent qualification in Business or Business Administration you will not be eligible for this position.
The key things you will learn during your time with us:
- Varity of media and marketing duties such as updating promotional materials, Facebook and Instagram.
- Banking procedures including counting the daily takings.
- Finance and membership document filing.
- How to draft new procedures.
- General finance and administration duties including mail processing.
- How to process KidSport applications.
What we offer
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City of Bunbury Employee's 2018 Enterprise Agreement with a Level 1 annual salary range of $34,947 to $50,012 gross.
- Full time 38 hours per week
- Fixed term 12 month contract
- Fully subsidised training and resources
- Supportive team environment
- Experienced industry supervisors and mentors
- Corporate uniform allowance
- Great employee benefits
The City of Bunbury is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, aiming to build organisational capacity and foster a positive work environment.
Only applications submitted via the City of Bunbury Careers website will be accepted.
To apply please address the selection criteria in the spaces provided via our Careers Website.
You will also need to upload a CV and Covering Letter to your application.
Shortlisting will commence mid-January 2019. If you are successful in securing an interview you will be notified initially via telephone.