Trainee Works Administration
The City of Bunbury is seeking a hard working trainee to join the Works and Services Administration team in 2019. This position will report to the Manager Works Administration while working within the administration team.
The successful candidate will work out of our new purpose built Works Depot in Picton.
As the Trainee Works Administration you will have a unique opportunity to learn about the inner working of Local Government including the different Works and Services departments that service the community.
If you have a great attitude and are willing to learn we would love to hear from you.
This is a 12 month traineeship commencing in January/February 2019.
The successful candidate will gain invaluable industry experience and a nationally recognised qualification, Certificate III in Business.
The key skills and attributes we are looking for:
- Displays a can do positive work ethic (proactive)
- Good customer service skills
- Good written and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Time management
- Enjoys being part of a team and working with others
- Contributes to the team by providing ideas
A National Police Clearance is required for this position to be supplied at interview stage or upon commencement of employment with the City.
If you already hold a Certificate III or higher equivalent qualification in Business or Business Administration you will not be eligible for this position.
The key things you will learn during your time with us:
- Insight into Local Government and the different department functions.
- How to provide excellent support in the areas of administration, contracts, procurement, vehicles, heavy plant, purchasing and stores.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Enhance your administration skills and abilities.
What we offer
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City of Bunbury Employee's 2018 Enterprise Agreement with a Level 1 annual salary range of $34,947 to $50,012 gross.
- Full time 38 hours per week
- Fixed term 12 month contract
- Fully subsidised training and resources
- Supportive team environment
- Experienced industry supervisors and mentors
- Corporate uniform allowance
- Great employee benefits
The City of Bunbury is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, aiming to build organisational capacity and foster a positive work environment.
Only applications submitted via the City of Bunbury Careers website will be accepted.
To apply please address the selection criteria in the spaces provided via our Careers Website.
You will also need to upload a CV and Covering Letter to your application.
Shortlisting will commence mid-January 2019. If you are successful in securing an interview you will be notified initially via telephone.